[vlc] mozila plugin libvlcplugin.so questions

Cindy_Xue at PlayStation.Sony.com Cindy_Xue at PlayStation.Sony.com
Tue Feb 28 01:03:00 CET 2006

Hi,

I got the source code of vlc-0.8.4a and try to compile the mozilla plugin
from the souce code.  I got problem with ffmpeg.  So I disabled ffmpeg and
enable the mozilla plugin option with the correct path of firefox SDK.  I
got the code compiled, but there is no such file called libvlcplugin.so
under vlc directory.  What do I missing?
Is ffmpeg required in order to compile the firefox plugin?

I also use Yum to install the vlc's firefox plugin, but I noticed the play,
stop, pause doens't work at all.  The streaming is fine.  I used the sample
HTML code from the user's guide.  The java script console gives error
output as: no such function as play, pause, stop.

Thanks,

Cindy