[vlc] Re: Newbie to VLC Help in Compiling required

#PHANG CHEE WOH,DERRICK# PHAN0004 at ntu.edu.sg
Tue Feb 28 01:51:45 CET 2006

Hi,

I have just started to look into VLC for as a client program for implementing the RTSP/RTP protocol. I require the program to run on Windows CE and from what I know, there is no witten binaries fro supporting RTSP/RTP on it.

However, I do not know much about what is required for compilation such as whether it can be done using MSVC or requires cygwin with make/gcc commands.

Can anyone send me a reference on how to compile VLC or a direct link to the necessary resource?

I have downloaded and extracted the VLC program to a directory located on the root directory of my C drive and I am running on Windows XP platform.

Thanks in advance.

Derrick