[vlc] Re: Compile Problems

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Tue Feb 28 16:28:43 CET 2006

> pp_get_context
> ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-postprocess.o)
> pp_postprocess
[...]
> The pp_get_context looks to deal with ffmpeg with post processing, which
> I did compile in.  The configure line for ffmpeg looked like:
>
>  ./configure  --enable-pp --enable-gpl --disable-ffserver --disable-vhook

Which ffmpeg is it ? if it is the cvs from less than 10 days, your
problem is normal. The FF:PEG team as move lipostproc from libavcodec to
it's own .so (or whatever it is on solaris). the configure script of vlc
is fixed in the svn.

So you can:
use a ffmpeg which is from the same date as we release 0.8.4
edit vlc-config to add the missing -lpostproc
use vlc svn
backport the 2 commits which fix configure

hth,

--
Xtophe