[vlc] Re: Broadcast Server

Jeremy Monnet jmonnet at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 16:09:07 CET 2006

On 1/2/06, James <kb7tbt at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a project similar to what you are trying to do if I understand you
> correctly.
>
> We are trying to do live video to a Amateur television repeater via the
> internet.
>
> Also the video from the Amateur Television Repeater is being captured and
> then sent back.
>
> What broadcast server are you using and is there many others around?
>
> We have hit a brick wall in our project due to bandwidth.
>
> If anyone has an answer to us please let us know.

I hope I understand correctly, so what about peercast ?

It uses P2P technologies, so everyone listening (watching) becomes
also a repeater.
http://www.peercast.org/
At the moment it doesn't support a lot of video formats, but that
could be useful if you want to stream but don't have a big bandwidth ?

BTW, I tried it, but never could get it working. Maube the video
format was wrong, but I didn't take time to analyze.

Hope this helps,

Jeremy
--
Linux Registered User #317862
Linux From Scratch Registered User #16571