[vlc] Re: Broadcast Server

Hannes Gruber hg at guzman.at
Tue Jan 3 16:32:38 CET 2006

Ave Torsten,

> we did something similar for the LinuxTag 2004 and 2005 streaming. The
> setup was like this:
>
> Camera -(100Mbit/s)-> Transcoding Server -(1Mbit/s)-> Broadcast Server
>
> Clients could connect via http to the Broadcast Server. Both Transcoding
> and Broadcast Server used VLC.

Exactly, that's what I have been looking for.
I have not read all the documentation yet, because I am still in the
decission phase which system I should use, but as I said, i have not
found anything about upstream as input device.

Could you please point me to the doc where I can read about it?

THX, Hannes

--

Zufallszitat:

You have a tendency to feel you are superior to most computers.

                !!! www.usw.at !!!

         nimm die Herausforderung an