[vlc] Re: I need help with VLC

Terry Jackson terryj at mtmrecognition.com
Tue Jan 3 20:02:18 CET 2006

Yes, that is what I¹m saying. North American DVD Players  are blocked,
And part of the Macrovision spec determines if a signal that is going out
via analog
If it is being sent to a non recording port or not.

You can either:

(a) (simplest) rip the DVD to your PC, extracting the .VOB files to the
PC¹s HD,  using a DVD Ripping Program and your PC¹s DVD drive,
and thus demux them for manipulation

Or (b) ( slightly expensive, but not hard) buy a ³black box² that
Will get around the Macrovision, and then follow my setup
To insure you get a proper signal transfer. Most Black Boxes do not
Have FW out, only analog, thus the need for a card/box like the canopus
That will bring in the signal to the computer via a native port.
Your tv converter, if it has analog inputs and USB out, should work.

Just google ³ VHS black box² or ³Analog stablelizer² or ³De-Macrovision
Box².
Should run you around $30 to $75 US.

terry