[vlc] Useable format for VLC as a VoD

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Wed Jan 4 08:31:08 CET 2006

Hi All,

	Just wanted clarification. The features page
(http://www.videolan.org/streaming/features.html) doesn't do much
justice to my understanding.

I want to find out what sort of formats are acceptable to be used for
VoD. All the references I've seen is for playing either MPEG1/2 files
and there's no reference to AVI formats or WMV or any other formats.

Would like to know what exactly are the formats which are supported for
both broadcast and VoD using RTP/RTSP.

As I understand it, RTP/RTSP streaming cannot use WMV files as it's
base. (Is my understanding correct?)

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!