[vlc] VLC on LTSP client

DenisG denis.g1 at laposte.net
Sat Jan 7 22:36:42 CET 2006

Hi all

(I also posted this message in videolan web forum)

I have a LTSP server (graphic terminal server exporting its display) and
a thin client connected to it. VLC works fine on the server, but if
started on the client it stops brutally when I open a video, with this
message:

-8<-------------------------------------------------------------------
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 12, expected 0)
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 12, expected 0)
[00000255] mpeg_audio decoder: MPGA channels:2 samplerate:48000 bitrate:192
The program '.' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)'.
(Details: serial 43 error_code 10 request_code 142 minor_code 1)

I had exactly the same problem with Kino, resolved choosing GDK display
method instead of XVideo. Is there the same hack in VLC?

Thanks for your help

--
DenisG