[vlc] Re: Freebox & Mac (FR)

FreeFL freefl at free.fr
Sat Jan 14 01:54:36 CET 2006

|    13/01/06 ~ 11:55 +0100 :
|    Paul MATHIAS,
|         " [vlc] Freebox & Mac (FR) "

>Meanwhile, when I use my Mac, I do get the list of channels, but
>double-clicking on any one of them results in three blinking buttons
>on the VLC interface, the "fast rewind", "stop", and "fast forward"
>buttons. Then not only do I not get any channels to watch, but I
>can't quit VLC unless I do a "force quit".

The solution depends of which version of VLC you use and your local
ethernet configuration (router ?).
You have to open following ports on your firewalls, routers and other
ethernet devices :
8080
554
1234

Standard (as of today) version 084a uses a variable port do brodcast
video from the Freebox, you may have to open ALL ports, or set your
mac as DMZ device.

VLC-crazy, a special variant, uses only  31336 and 31337, so opening
also these two works.

Freebox router mode better be off.

Check Freenews and MacADSL forums for specific answers.