[vlc] Re: qt/kde modules

j y yunjnz at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 01:20:06 CET 2006

maybe you can write yourself, it's not a so hard work.
  if you want to put the output to your own application,
  you may modify the video-output module, redirect the video picture and other output
  to your own window.

Rémi Denis-Courmont <rem at videolan.org> wrote:  Le Lundi 23 Janvier 2006 13:35, Bebjak, Michal a écrit :
> can someone please help me with the qt or kde modules. I have a small
> GUI application written in Qt and I want to start the VLC (in the
> background) and write the video output into the Qt window. Is it
> possible to do it with the qt or kde module or should I write my own
> module?

Both Qt and KDE modules are no longer maintainer and heavily outdated.
It was too much burden to maintain a gtk/gtk2/qt/KDE/Win32 interfaces,
so we switched to wxWidgets (which might not be the wisest in the end).

If you merely want a KDE/Qt look & feel for VLC, you can use the
wxWidgets interface with wxWidgets 2.6, then install and enable the Qt
theme for gtk2.

If you really want a "native" (as far as can be) Qt interface, I'm
afraid you'll have to rewrite the thing.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.simphalempin.com/home/