[vlc] Re: control VLC via telnet with PHP

IronFog ironfog at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 20:16:29 CET 2006

I have the same problem.

Trying to speed up VLC control through the HTTP interface.

The idea is to use custom built webpages with the DB backend .

Currently playback is controlled thru calling the html pages with VLC HTTP
macro code in them.

The video player WIN XP machine runs VCL with HTTP interface hooked up to
the video projector, Apache&PHP&MySQL as an user interface engine.

Users are supposed to select movies and control playback  on the client
machine running webbrowser with a touch screen.

But I find this way as quite inefficient .

Could anybody give a hint on how to use RC interface with PHP?

Thanks a lot.