[vlc] Re: telnet interface for VOD

Kushal Dalal kushal.dalal at einfochips.com
Fri Jul 7 06:50:42 CEST 2006

Hi sohail,

In my case I start telnet from Linux client.

For your case.

First u have add telnet interface from GUI of your server VLC.

Then from client machine open command and follow following steps.

1)       telnet <server IP>:4212 (to login in ur server VLM)

2)       password: admin

if you have logged in successfully use following commands as per your need.

3)       new test vod

4)       setup test input content.h264

5)       setup test mux mp2t enabled

After following above steps,

Use RTSP URL at client vlc to get stream:

rtsp://<serverIP>:5554/test

For all this I don't know where to place content file.

You should try absolute path of content file.

Hope this helps.

Let me know results.

Regards

Kushal