[vlc] Re: ip cam

Manos Moschous moschous at ics.forth.gr
Mon Jul 10 08:36:38 CEST 2006

Hi,

there is a question for this topic.
I understand that ip cameras like (axis, vivotek, etc) do the 3gp
(mpeg4) encoding by their selfs, right?

What is the role of vlc on this architecture?
is vlc just to relay the streams in case of someone request them (pull
from ip camera and relay to the client)?

Could this architecture work with a usb - web camera (Direct Show)
where encoding of video takes place in the vlc side?
Does the vlc supports the encoding of live video (usb cam) which targets
mobile phones?

Thank you in advance.

\m

--