[vlc] Problems with playing out of region discs

Brant Sears brant at mac.com
Thu Jul 13 17:00:58 CEST 2006

Hi. I am using VLC for MacOS X. Since upgrading my computer to MacOS
10.4.7, I have had problems getting out of region discs to play.

I'm thinking Apple may have given a system update that causes the DVD
to not provide access as a block device unless the region matches.

Could this be the case, or is there something else going on?

The behavior I see is that I push play, playback starts briefly and
then the video window closes. When I run VLC from the command line, I
see a message being printed out that says that there is a region mis-
match.

Thanks for any advice.