[vlc] Help need in Fast Forward.

Ganapathy E ganpath_21 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 24 13:53:38 CEST 2006

Hi,

  I am a newbie to vlc forum.  Need some inputs regarding fast forward technique used.

  I can able to do fast forward by playing the file locally.  issued faster in the console terminal and the movie starts in the fast forward mode and can able to switch back to the normal one.

  If i try this while streaming the movie to the LOCAL LAN and by issuing faster command ,  there seems to be no effect on the end-user side,  the movie plays normally.

  What could be the problem.

  FYI

  Vlc version used: vlc-0.8.5-svn Janus

  Operating System : Debian Linux