[vlc] Re: Playing stream from Harmonic encoder: pid problem

Albert Marti albertmarti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 11:07:14 CEST 2006

I understand that like any decoder, vlc should allow to work in mode
'service' or 'pid', which for me means that in 'service' mode should use the
information in the PAT and PMT (pid 0) to get the information of the rest of
the pids.

On the other hand, working in 'pid' mode I should provide to vlc the pid for
the video, pmt and pcr.

Is that right? In case that yes, how I can tell vlc to work or to use
specifics pids for video, pmt, pcr, ...

Thanks
Albert