[vlc] Mainconcept encode play error

Peter Stewart fr3ak79 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 15:26:29 CET 2006

Hi,

I have just uploaded to ftp://streams.videolan.org /incoming/Maincocept
encode/ a small sample of a file encoded in mainconcept H.264 Encoder
v2.15latest build that will only play the audio not the video... I
have only got
it working using MPC and elecard decoders. The file is .mpg format not .mp4
or .avi which seems to be part of the problem but i'm not really sure... We
are having standardised encoding discussions at a forum and need to see
whether it is an ongoing suport problem. As far as I know only one person
oput of 200 hundred or so has managed to get it to play in VLC though I have
not seen it myself so can only go on hearsay. We are all using the latest
build of VLc so thats not the problem.

Any shedded light would be great,

thanks,

Pete