[vlc] FW: Help to solve error in ./configure

#PHANG CHEE WOH,DERRICK# PHAN0004 at ntu.edu.sg
Thu Mar 2 23:14:44 CET 2006

Hi,

I encountered some errors and warnings while running the configure. (See attached log)

The error are mostly pertained to conftest.h and conftest.c. My question is what are they and what may have caused this problem?

Two other errors that had appeared are:

1.
configure:1872: checking whether build environment is sane
configure:1915: result: yes
configure:1939: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing

2.
configure:3031: gcc -mno-cygwin -c -g -O2 -I/usr/win32/include -I/usr/win32/include/ebml conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:2: error: parse error before "me"
configure:3037: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| #ifndef __cplusplus
|   choke me
| #endif

For the first warning, what does 'missing' refer to? Is it anything to do with tools that have not been installed for cygwin yet?

For the second error, what does it mean? Do I need to make any changes to any of the source files to solve this problem?

Thanks.
Derrick