[vlc] http at high rates

Marcelo Manzato manzato81 at yahoo.com.br
Thu Mar 9 21:03:07 CET 2006

Hi,

i want my vlc to receive an rtsp stream from darwin
and transmit to clients using the http protocol.

I can do that if the video bitrate is less than 2
Mbps. However, I would like to increase the bitrate,
but I'm not able to do that, the player shows a lot of
"late picture skipped" and "more than 5 seconds of
late video -> dropping frame (computer too slow?)"
messages.

However, I'm under a 100Mbits isolated LAN, and the
computers don't seem to be at the top of processing
power.

Is there something I could do to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance...
Marcelo Manzato