[vlc] Re: http at high rates

Marcelo Manzato manzato81 at yahoo.com.br
Fri Mar 10 19:04:12 CET 2006

Hi Viktor,

One computer (windows, P4 Intel 2GHz, 768 MB RAM) is
capturing the video content (no audio), encoding under
mp4v/ffmpeg and transmitting to darwin streaming
server. The command I use for that is the following:

vlc.exe -vvv dshow:// :dshow-size="640x480" --noaudio
:sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=2000,fps=30,venc=ffmpeg}:rtp{dst=192.168.0.1,port-video=20000,ttl=8,sdp=file://C:\main.sdp}

Then, another computer (linux, P4 Intel 3Ghz, 1GHz
RAM) requests that content from Darwin, and makes
available the html access, from the following command
line:

vlc -vvv rtsp://192.168.0.1/main.sdp --noaudio
:sout="#duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=ts,url=:8080}}"

Under these conditions (2 Mbps of bitrate) everything
seems to be fine, however, I want higher bitrates
(about 15 Mbps), what causes the problems previously
rited if I increase the vb parameter from the encoder.

Thanks for your atention.

--- Viktor Kompaneyets <vato at wnet.ua> escreveu:

> Marcelo Manzato wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > i want my vlc to receive an rtsp stream from
> darwin
> > and transmit to clients using the http protocol.
> >
> > I can do that if the video bitrate is less than 2
> > Mbps. However, I would like to increase the
> bitrate,
> > but I'm not able to do that, the player shows a
> lot of
> > "late picture skipped" and "more than 5 seconds of
> > late video -> dropping frame (computer too slow?)"
> > messages.
> >
> > However, I'm under a 100Mbits isolated LAN, and
> the
> > computers don't seem to be at the top of
> processing
> > power.
> >
> > Is there something I could do to solve this
> problem?
>
> Do you transcode?
> Which type of mux do You use?
> Which A/V codecs?
>
> There are a lot of troubles with this. I`d no
> problem only with 4.5Mbit/s
> MPEG2 TS and http.
>
> Do you?
>
> --