[vlc] Re: AMR stream query

Chris Dobbs chris_dobbs at dobbscr.karoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 18 14:41:43 CET 2006

Interesting...the file seems to open ok and VLC (version
0.8.5-test1 )detects correctly it's AMR but no sound is heard,
The following debug shos also that the 1st byte of each amr frame is correct
(0x3c) whihc is what I would expect to see.

It's avery small file, is there actaully an audible tracks in it?

main debug: selecting program id=0

ffmpeg debug: adding es: audio codec = samr

ffmpeg debug: AVFormat supported stream

ffmpeg debug: - format = amr (3gpp amr file format)

ffmpeg debug: - start time = -1

ffmpeg debug: - duration = -1

main debug: using demux2 module "ffmpeg"

main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\Documents and
Settings\dobbscr.NOSTROMO\Desktop\

main debug: looking for decoder module: 25 candidates

ffmpeg debug: libavcodec already initialized

ffmpeg debug: ffmpeg codec (AMR narrow band) started

main debug: using decoder module "ffmpeg"

main debug: thread 4200 (decoder) created at priority 2
(input/decoder.c:159)

main debug: `C:\Documents and Settings\dobbscr.NOSTROMO\Desktop\test.amr'
successfully opened

ffmpeg debug: CRD-Demux()

ffmpeg debug: CRD-Demux copy 32 bytes

ffmpeg debug: CRD-Demux buf[0]:3c