[vlc] Problem streaming camera input via Hauppauge using HTTP

Thomas Haas HaasThomas at gmx.de
Mon Mar 20 11:26:24 CET 2006

Hallo everybody,

i am currently triing to stream a film that comes from a digi cam that is
connected (composite) to a hauppauge tv card with MPEG 2 hardware encoder.
When i am using the streaming assistant i create an http stream at port 8080
on my computer.

If another computer tries to get the stream (or even if it is the same
computer that sends the stream) i only get few pics of the "film" and after
this there will appear some error messages and the animation stands still.

The error messages are the following:

main warning: late picture skipped (79658)
main warning: computed PTS is out of range (339107), clearing out
main warning: PTS is out of range (334504), dropping buffer
main warning: output PTS is out of range (374544), clearing out
asf warning: p_peek[0]&0x80 != 0x80
asf warning: unsupported packet header
asf warning: undeclared stream[Id 0x18]
message warning: message queue overflowed

I am totally out of ideas. If i stream a file or an internet resource it all
works fine. So maybe it has something todo wiht the hauppauge card (or its
driver). I am currently working with Win2000. My last idea is to try it on a
linux system because i read something about that the hauppauge card is
specially supported by VLC with linux.

Has anyone another idea that could help be ?

Thanks so far

Thomas