[vlc] Re: Network sync

Sigmund Augdal Helberg sigmund.augdal at gmail.com
Wed May 3 10:15:10 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 09:52 +0200, Daniele Pagliani wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I saw that vlc 0.8.5-test3 has an Advanced Option named “Network
> Sync”: how does it works?
Enable Network sync module on all involved hosts. For one of the hosts
enable --netsync-master (Act as master for network synchronisation, in
the gui).

For the rest of the hosts set the netsync master hosts ip address in the
Master client ip address field (or use
--netsync-master-ip=<ip-address-of-master> )

This should syncronize playout of media on the involved hosts if they
for instance play the same multicast stream.

Regards

Sigmund