[vlc] Re: Preset Preferences during Compile

Sigmund Augdal Helberg dnumgis at videolan.org
Thu May 4 09:04:40 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 19:52 -0700, Ian Griffin wrote:
> Hi All,
>     I'm compiling VLC under cygwin and I would like to know if it's
> possible (and how :) ) to set certain preferences in the source and then
> compile it so the user after installing my compiled version already has
> these preferences set. The one I'm starting with is to allow only one
> running instance. So if anyone knows how to set this option to on before
> compiling, could you explain how?
All preferences options are declared throughout the sources in lines
like
add_integer(...)
add_boolean(...)

One of the parameters are an identifier. These are used in the config
file and in the command line parsing. This is the option you want to
look for when trying to find the options you want to change. The
particular option you mentioned are called "one-instance".

Another of the parameters are the default value. Which one depends on
the type of option this is. Look for other similar options if in doubt.

That said, there has been some discussion about the behaviour of the
one-instance option latly, perhaps you could try 0.8.5-test4 and see if
the behaviour there live up to your expectations?

Sigmund