[vlc] DVB-T and vlc-0.8.5 on WinXP

brezhoneg1 brezhoneg1 at yahoo.fr
Mon May 8 14:25:19 CEST 2006

Hello,

   First off, thanks a lot for VLC which I use on a daily basis for all
type of purpose (TV both analog and DVB-T, Divx, Radio, ....) on WinXP
and Linux. This product is really great.

   With regard to DVB-T on WinXP, I'm having trouble to make it run with
vlc-0.8.5 (not tested with older version), and I am actually wondering
whether this is an issue related to VLC or to some kind of drivers
missing or misconfigured  ....

   My configuration is a not-too-old PC running WinXP SP1. a USB2.0
DVB-T box from Yakumo is connected to it. The legacy software from
YAKUMO works
fine.

   Yet, it would also be great to make VLC work with it. In the
directShow panel from VLC, I do get the "C&E DVB-T Device T50023" item
after clicking on the refresh list, but then nothing seems to work, the
"configure" button doesn't show anything, and the vlc logger only says
the following (one single line) :

main debug: adding playlist item `dshow://' ( dshow://

   Does anybody know if YAKUMO USB DVB-T boxes can work with VLC or any
other popular softwares apart from the legacy YAKUMO software? Are there
any extra driver requirements ? Are there any known issues when
interfacing DVB-T boxes with VLC on WinXP ?

   One good thing to mention, the same PC running vlc(svn) and connected
to the same DVB-T box works very fine on LINUX FedoraCore4 !

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
Joe
Email: brezhoneg1 at yahoo.fr