[vlc] Re: (瑞星提示-此邮件可能是垃圾邮件)Re: [vlc] work on DCCP ?

Xueting Zhu zxt at mail.ndsc.com.cn
Thu May 25 15:39:49 CEST 2006

>Le Jeudi 25 Mai 2006 15:55, Xueting Zhu a écrit :
>> I want to know if VLC has decided to use DCCP as its transport
>> protocol, if so,is the work underway? Could anyone tell me something
>> about my question?
>
>I made a ticker for this (https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/514) but
>nobody expressed interest in implementing DCCP support so far.
>
>IMHO, the main problem is that I know no standard for streaming over
>DCCP... do you send raw TS data straight into DCCP, or use RTP, or what
>not?
>
>--
>Rémi Denis-Courmont
>Otaniemi, Espoo, Finland

I have read the related RFCs and some code on DCCP in linux kernel. I want to understand the protocol further and implement the basic function under linux if possible. There are some work groups on DCCP in the world. I thought VLC has done someting with DCCP. It is surely that major player companies will support DCCP in the future. So far as I know, work on RTP/DCCP has started quite recently, I remember there is just draft-00. Frankly , I am a college student and just work on DCCP for a few months alone, because I've chosen it as the research subject for my graduation. I haven't decided do much work on RTP/DCCP.I read the page (https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/514) long ago, and found it no change for a long time.