[vlc] VLC localization in Debian

debugvlc debugvlc at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 10:51:22 CEST 2006

Hello!

Is localization available in vlc-0.8.5 on Linux?

I complied VLC from source code twice using both system gettext (./configure
--enable-nls) and included gettext (./configure --enable-nls --with-included
gettext). In both cases selecting language of the interface in the Preferences
dialog of the GUI (wxWdigets) and restarting application didn't change
anything. The interface is in English. I run vlc after build both from source
tree and after installation to /usr/local. Everything is the same.

I am running Debian 3.1 (kernel 2.4.27-2-686)

$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13)

$ gettext --version
gettext (GNU gettext-runtime) 0.14.4