[vlc] Selecting audio channel to stream

Michael Ditum mike at mikeditum.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 12:32:09 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm currently streaming channels from a DVB-S or DVB-T card. I want to be
able to select which audio channel to stream. If you look at
http://en.kingofsat.net/tp.php?tp=316 you'll see EBS has 21 different audio
streams, I would like to be able to only stream (for example) english or
french audio.

The nicest way would be to be able to specify the language identifer (e.g.
eng or fra) so I then don't have to worry about pids changing but obviously
if I need to specify pid's I will.

What i'd like to be able to do is have 21 or so different streams (depending
on available CPU) all with the same video stream just selecting different
audio streams for each.

Is there any functionality in vlc to handle this already? Either through an
argument to select an audio stream or functionality to filter PIDs.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mike