[vlc] Fake, fake, fake

Glenn Gordon glenngor2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 9 12:30:16 CEST 2006

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

  It may interest you to know that after downloading your piece of garbage, i intend to rubbish it at every single available opportunity, e.g. forums, reviews etc, etc....

  I have just wasted an incredible amount of time trying to figure out how this junk actually works. I have been using Limewire for some time now, and during downloading I can preview my video downloads with any software program, such as InterVideo, Windows Media Player, Real Player etc, all but one VideoLAN, which falsely claims that it can play `anything'. This, of course is a blatent lie, and I'm sure that this is illegal in some way.

  The very fact that you deliberately have "no instructions on its use", "avoid answering or engaging customers by fobbing them off with FAQ or forums" speaks for itself. For Christ sake, you don't even have a functional `help' facility. I had to use a search engine to catch you.

  You should not be allowed to trade, whilst making false claims to provide a service, and i fully intend to alert everyone and warn them to well clear of your fake, non-functional program.

  Regards,
  Glenn Gordon