[vlc] Re: ffmpeg, possible to re-mux transport-stream into program stream?

Ken vlc at onnet.cc
Thu Oct 26 19:49:49 CEST 2006

Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
> Ken wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to re-mux a sony camcorder generated TS (a VBR TS)
>> (containing AVC-AC3) into a program stream, but get:
>>
>> Am I mis-using something, or is this becasue one or more of the source
>> streams cannot be understood?
>
> Use vlc ;-)
>
> Or sent the e-mail to the right mailinglist (ffmpeg) to give a hint.
>
> Gtz,
> Jean-Paul Saman.

Sorry for seeming off topic. I was thinking that I wasn't able to play
it in VLC because it's splitter didn't support the m2ts container, and
so wanted to try remuxing it into a PS using ffmpeg, then playback in VLC.

But apparently the issue is more one of not having PAFF interlace
support in the H264 decoder. I suspect VLC may actually be splitting the
stream okay, but can't tell for sure because of the PAFF issue, and also
that VLC crashes when I try to play these sony m2ts files ;-)

Ken