[vlc] vlc for pocket pc on MDA Vario II doesn't work

luzyano silux luzyano5 at yahoo.com.mx
Tue Oct 31 14:48:28 CET 2006

Hi everyboy,

  the "vlc" doesn't work on the MDA Vario II, i have tried with this version "vlc-0.8.5-svn-20060214-0130-wince" from nightly builds, also with older version like "vlc-0.8.5-svn-20060211-0130-wince" and "vlc-0.8.4-test1-20051012-0130-wince" but non of those works either, i just have changed from MDA Vario to MDA Vario II both are running the system Windows Mobile 5.0 and on MDA Vario the "vlc" works fine, but with the new device when i try to execute the "vlc" it seems to be executed but there isn't any window shown and the program is not running in background, it just doesn't do anything, after searching on the net, i found an older version "VLC media player 0.7.0 (WinCE interface)" this version works under MDA Vario II i mean the main application window is displayed but the problem is that the sound is only noise.

  I hope there is a solution for this, it is just that i'm working on my master thesis and i'm doing some research related to streaming video, and really need the vlc software to test the application that i have built, so guys if you think i can be helpful i could compile the "vlc" application myself, i have a complete development environment for pocket pc on windows mobile 5.0 and i guess i could compile the code if you provide me with the files to do it, i won't change anything in the code just the compiler (architecture platform) will be different, or if you can fix it that would be much better, thanks in advance.

  Regards,
  silux