[vlc]file append delay

Michal Novotný Clime.Novotny at seznam.cz
Tue Sep 5 17:06:53 CEST 2006

Hi,

I tried to append to the file controlling VLM:

new X broadcast enabled
setup X input udp:@239.255.40.2 output  #std{access=file{append},dst=D:/video/teststream.avi",mux=ps}
control X play

..after a few sec:
control X stop

And now if I send the command __  control X play __ within several seconds(i guess!  <30 s) than there is a big delay in result file when displaying freezes. I think that this delay is the same as delay between sending commnands: control X stop ... control X play
(in this case i'm not completely sure)

But if the delay between these two commands is bigger(i guess! again >30 s) the stream is without any spaces(delays). Image jumps in miliseconds.

Bug or Feature?:)

I need stream without these delays. Do you know way to do it?

Thank you
Clime