[vlc] ActiveX and sub-filter marq

Udo Ziemer udo at udo-ziemer.de
Fri Apr 13 17:25:37 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm trying do display some osd text in the activex plugin with using
sub-filter marq.
My vlc Version is 0.8.6b and the only thing I get is the word VLC in the
upper left corner of my stream.

here is the part of code I'm using:

    var vlc = getVLC("vlc");
    var options = ':sub-filter=marq :marq-marquee="123" :marq-position=0';
    vlc.playlist.items.clear();
    while( vlc.playlist.items.count > 0 )
    {
        // clear() may return before the playlist has actually been cleared
        // just wait for it to finish its job
    }
    var itemId = vlc.playlist.add(targetURL, null, options);

Am I using a wrong syntax or is it a bug in using marq with the plugin ?
I hope you can help me

Thanks

Udo