[vlc] Re: help with error deciphering.

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Mon Apr 30 16:34:48 CEST 2007

Kim Schulz wrote:
> Hi guys,
> What causes an error like this? It seems like it gets triggered by changes to the
> timestamp in the RTP header when I stream h263 data.
>
> main error: picture 00DF07E0 refcount is -1
> main error: decoder is leaking pictures, resetting the heap
> main error: picture 00DF08F0 refcount is -1
> main error: decoder is leaking pictures, resetting the heap
> main error: picture 00DF08F0 refcount is -1
> main error: decoder is leaking pictures, resetting the heap
> main error: picture 00DF08F0 refcount is -1
> main error: decoder is leaking pictures, resetting the heap
> main error: picture 00DF08F0 refcount is -1
> main error: decoder is leaking pictures, resetting the heap
> main error: picture 00DF08F0 refcount is -1
> main error: decoder is leaking pictures, resetting the heap
> main error: picture 00DF08F0 refcount is -1
> ffmpeg error: more than 5 seconds of late video -> dropping frame (computer too slow ?)

You have a memory leak in your code. The code tries to reference a
picture_t that has -1 as reference count. Either it never increased it
or decreased it more then once.

Is this with unmodified vlc code or did you made changes?? VLC version? OS ?

The ffmpeg error basically means there is a major buffer underrun.

Gtz,
Jean-Paul Saman.