[vlc] Re: Does VLC handle H.263 video over RTP?

Kim Schulz kim at schulz.dk
Mon Apr 30 18:13:32 CEST 2007

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:57:41 -0400
"Pedro Sanchez" <psanchez at nortel.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get VLC to decode a H.263 video stream that comes over
> RTP. The video server offers two tracks, one for audio and one for
> video. VLC only requests to play the audio track and ignores video. Is
> there something special that has to be present in the offered SDP for
> VLC to send the SETUP and PLAY commands to the video server?
>
> I'm using VLC 0.8.6 on both XP and Linux with identical results. For
> your reference, I attach the RSTP negotiation that takes between VLC
> and the video server.
>
> Thanks,

I actually have kinda the same problem. The video is played just fine,
but the audio (in my case mp3) is completely ignored. I have logged the
RTP traffic and can see that VLC do get the audio packets but nothing
ever happens to them (they are not even mentioned in the logs - log
level 2).

--
    Kim Schulz       | Blog: http://www.schulz.dk/
Email: Kim at schulz.dk | Work: http://www.devteam.dk/