[vlc] Re: help with error deciphering.

Kim Schulz kim at schulz.dk
Mon Apr 30 20:39:16 CEST 2007

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:26:44 +0200
Jean-Paul Saman <jean-paul.saman at planet.nl> wrote:

> Kim Schulz wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:34:48 +0200, Jean-Paul Saman
> > <jean-paul.saman at planet.nl> wrote:
> >> changes to the

> >> (computer too slow ?)
> >>>
> >> You have a memory leak in your code. The code tries to reference a
> >> picture_t that has -1 as reference count. Either it never
> >> increased it or decreased it more then once.
> >>
> >> Is this with unmodified vlc code or did you made changes?? VLC
> >> version? OS ?
> >>
> >> The ffmpeg error basically means there is a major buffer underrun.
> >>
> >> Gtz,
> >> Jean-Paul Saman.
> >
> > This is with an unmodified version of VLC 0.8.6b for windows. The
> > stream it is receiving is one I create and send myself.
>
> Are you sure the timestamps are sane?

define sane :-)
I have tried several different approaches. the one that seemed to work
the best was to simply sum the payload size for each frame. According
to one of the ffmpeg guys, this should be an ok way to do it - as long
as the timestamp is increasing for each frame (but is the samme for all
packets containing fragments of the same frame).

--
    Kim Schulz       | Blog: http://www.schulz.dk/
Email: Kim at schulz.dk | Work: http://www.devteam.dk/