[vlc] Re: Does VLC handle H.263 video over RTP?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Apr 30 21:12:46 CEST 2007

>Maybe using a dynamic payload type for audio instead?
>
>http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/avt/current/msg00666.html

The "LIVE555 Streaming Media" library (and thus VLC) will correctly
allow the timestamp frequency specified in a "a=rtpmap:" SDP line to
override the default timestamp frequency for a static payload type.

However, to be on the safe side, it it good practice to use a dynamic
RTP payload type code (i.e., one >=96) whenever you change parameters
from the default.

As I noted in my earlier response, the real problem with Pedro's
stream is that it is using an obsolete payload type "video/H263".
--

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc.