[vlc] VLC client options - "play" unicast channel without actually play it

Ben-Hamou Yaniv Yaniv.Ben-Hamou at comverse.com
Thu Aug 23 14:33:04 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I would like to load test a VOD (unicast) system and thought to check
whether the VLC client is capable of doing so.

My need from the VLC player is to open a unicast session toward the
server and perform some play/FFW/etc. operations without actually
playing the stream on my screen.
I only need to know whether I had transport problems etc. in that way I
may generate much more sessions from a single machine and afterward,
collect my sessions logs.

Can you tell me if there is a way to ask VLC player to perform the
operations without screening it??

Thanks a lot for your help.

Yaniv.