[vlc] Problem transcoding H264 to MPEG-2

Julian Allen julian at ubusys.com
Wed Feb 14 10:35:45 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to transcode some H264 streams to MPEG-2 format files. These streams play fine with VLC 0.8.6 but when I try to transcode them, the resultant file has audio but no video

The VLC command line I'm using works for most network streams (of various different formats) but not these particular AFTV ones. So I'm thinking there must be something non-standard about the streams that I'm not accounting for.

Here's the comand line I'm using:

vlc rtsp://video1.multicasttech.com/AFTVCrimeH264500.sdp :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=2048,scale=1,acodec=mpga,ab=192,channels=2,audio-sync}:standard{access=file,mux=ps,dst="AFTV Crime.mpg"} --sout-transcode-width 640 --sout-transcode-height=480 --sout-transcode-canvas-width=640 --sout-transcode-canvas-height=480

and here's the VLC message that gets logged over and over again during the transcoding process:

main warning: trying to send non-dated packet to stream output!

I'd be very grateful for any help or suggestions.

=Julian=