[vlc] Re: Status of dirac support?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Feb 14 19:16:50 CET 2007

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007, Hanno Böck wrote :
> I was wondering how state of support for dirac is at the moment in vlc. It
> can't be built against dirac 0.6.0, but beside that, it seems vlc is, beside
> gstreamer-based players that use schrodinger, the only player capable of
> playing dirac.

In fact, Dirac's API has changed in 0.6.0 version of the codec, and this
hasn't been adapted to VLC. So VLC can use only 0.5.4 version of Dirac.

Lack of time and lack of migration documentation from Dirac are the
cause. But if someone can do it, he can do so, I don't think he will be
rejected by the team :°)

gtz,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf