[vlc] Re: RTSP authentication regression in 0.8.6.a?

Igor Bukanov igor at mir2.org
Thu Feb 15 09:03:41 CET 2007

On 14/02/07, Rémi Denis-Courmont <rem at videolan.org> wrote:
> Le mercredi 14 février 2007 10:58, Igor Bukanov a écrit :
> > Yet on 0.8.6a on Windows and Linux that just produces errors. Bellow
> > is the full log from Linux (error messages on Windows are identical).
>
> VLC uses live555 as a RSTP client. So I would first try to use
> indentical versions of that library to eliminate a possible regression
> there.

I compiled VLC from SVN trunk and got the same problem. Then I tried
openRTSP client that comes with live555 distribution used during VLC
compilation. It worked without any problems successfully
authenticating and downloading a stream. VLC was able to play the
saved stream later. So this must be VLC regression.

Regards, Igor.