[vlc] Re: Localization in 0.86

Remi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Thu Feb 15 15:36:21 CET 2007

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:06:44 +0100, Marian Durkovic <md at bts.sk> wrote:
> The reason is probably again the use of legacy non-unicode function
> GetACP(). It's present both in VLC as well as in gettext.
> We should probably use something more recent, e.g. GetUserDefaultLangID().

I thought VLC used GetACP() as a character set info, which look fine to me
(e.g. to guess the subtitles encoding, NOT the language).

I might of course be missing something.

As for the rest, I have already stated that we should IMHO drop Win9x
altogether. I don't like to support security-support-less botnet-able
OSes. And we also have a broken thread implementation for these. And
what not...

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/