[vlc] Re: H263 over RTP

chris.2.dobbs at bt.com chris.2.dobbs at bt.com
Tue Feb 27 17:11:13 CET 2007

Aha...! That seemes to work although I am seeing odd problems when vlc
plays the stream.
The stream plays ok for about 3 seconds, then freezes producing the
following message in the debug window:

ffmpeg warning: illegal ac vlc code at 2x8
 (h263 at 00B1E370)
ffmpeg warning: Error at MB: 98
 (h263 at 00B1E370)
ffmpeg debug: concealing 65 DC, 65 AC, 65 MV errors
 (h263 at 00B1E370)
live555 debug: lost 2048 bytes
live555 debug: increasing buffer size to 524288

Then it starts playing again for about 3 secs and produces moer of the
above but the buffer size keeps getting increased until vlc blows up.

To re-cap, I am trying to use VLC tp playback an RTP/H263 video stream
(RTP/H263 payload using RFC2429). I am giving VLC the following SDP
manually as a file.

v=0
o=- 7776 3 IN IP4 10.215.130.112
s=Test H263 stream
i=Parameters for the session streamed by "ChipsAhoyH263"
t=0 0
m=video 7776 RTP/AVP 98
a=rtpmap:98 H263-1998/90000
a=fmtp:98 profile=0; level=40