[vlc] Re: dbus run time error 0.9.0-svn Grishenko

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Wed Feb 28 18:21:56 CET 2007

Le mercredi 28 février 2007 19:17, Ed _ a écrit :
> ]# vlc
> VLC media player 0.9.0-svn Grishenko
> 5786: assertion failed "!_dbus_transport_get_is_connected
> (connection->transport)" file "dbus-connection.c" line 1797 function
> _dbus_connection_last_unref
> Aborted
>

> Has anyone encountred this ? Just did a new build from svn yesterday.

It would seem you are using a (obsolete?) version of D-Bus that simply
exits when it cannot connect. Yes, this is plain stupid. Yes, I have
seen many complaints about this (albeit not in VLC).

Since it happens in D-Bus rather than VLC, there is nothing vlc-devel@
can do. Try with "./configure --disable-dbus".

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/