[vlc] Re: VLC Python Bindings and --sout.

Rick Sterling rick__sterling at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 28 18:54:49 CET 2007

Hey Everyone,

I think I made a mistake somewhere compiling VLC and thats probably the root
cause of my problem.

I decided to try a different approach, compiling VLC with the
--enable-mediacontrol-python-bindings and --prefix=/usr switches so it
matches my the Debian packages.  When the compile finished I copied vlc.so
to my Python site-packages directory and vlcwrapper.py to /usr/bin.

While this is probably considered a bit messy, it allows me to continue
using pre-compiled packages for my Debian system. Which is easier to
maintain, for me ayways.

Thanks again.

rick