[vlc] Re: Compiling to Windows CE

Cool_Zer0 c00jz3r0 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 16:01:35 CET 2007

Just one more information

This is part of INSTALL.wince:

Depending on your needs you will have to compile/install some or all of
these
external libraries.

They can be found here (source code):
http://download.videolan.org/pub/testing/contrib/

We also provide a package with all the libraries already compiled so it is
actually really easy to compile a full-featured version of vlc:
http://download.videolan.org/pub/testing/wince/contrib-20050220-wince-xscale-bin.tar.bz2(Check
out fo more recent versions at the same location).

All you need to do is extract it in your root directory (the include files
and libraries will be put in /usr/local/wince/contrib-xscale).
You can do this with the following command:

  tar xjvf contrib-20050220-wince-xscale-bin.tar.bz2 -C /

I'm using the .bz2 that has all the libraries need compiled... I though it
was easy that way...