[vlc] playing a multi-video streams content streamed from Windows Media Server through rtsp access.

noam noam at softier.com
Wed Jan 17 11:02:07 CET 2007

Hi all.

I'm working on the issue of playing on VLC client a content which is
streamed (RTSP/TCP) from Windows Media Server.  The content contains
more than one video stream and therefore there is a need to choose the
correct video stream. The Demux-access "live 555" fails in doing so, and
after I managed that, I realized that the asf demuxer is still trying to
open all the video streams that are described in the asf header.

I noticed that when playing the same content via MMS access one video
stream is selected in the access and in the demuxer (asf). Is it
possible to port this behavior to the RTSP/ASF modules?

Thanks.

Noam Oren.