[vlc] Re: VLC VoD Server Memory Leak

Toufik Ahmed tad at labri.fr
Fri Jan 26 16:41:57 CET 2007

Hello,

Remi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
>    Hello,
>
> On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:43:43 +0100, Toufik Ahmed <tad at labri.fr> wrote:
>
>> I'm streaming long time live stream coming from live digital camera
>> using RTSP. I'm using VLC as a server's gateway to bridge Camera stream
>> as a VoD object to VLC client.
>>

>> At the VLC VoD server, I'm detecting some memory Leak. I lost about
>> 500KB for 24 hours of running.
>>

> 500KB is less than VLC typical I/O buffer. It is insignificant, and might in
> fact not be a leak at all.

Yes, it was 500 KB for one VoD and for one client... the problem arises
with many client...

Another things  is that I've noticed that when I do Start/Stop on the
VLC player, there was a VLC memory leak at the VoD server side... Are
you aware of this problem (I thought that it was a module start/stop
problem ??)

my problem is that my VLC VoD server is running under PowerPC machine
-32MB memory, with limited storage space.. and there was no program on
how to debug this memory leak... Any help is welcomed
Thanks

Best regards
Toufik

--
Toufik AHMED
http://www.labri.fr/~tad
sip:0950682097 at freephonie.net
|            LaBRI              |         E.N.S.E.I.R.B.         |
|351 Cours de la Libération,    |1 Av. du Dr Schweitzer, BP 99,  |
|33405 Talence Cedex, FRANCE.   |33402 Talence Cedex, FRANCE.    |
|portable : +33 6 61 11 30 71   |                                |
|phone :    +33 5 40 00 35 01   |phone :  +33 5 56 84 21 83      |
|fax   :    +33 5 40 00 66 69   |fax   :  +33 5 56 84 21 80      |
|email :    tad at labri.fr        |email :  tad at enseirb.fr         |