[vlc] 1680x1050 resolution problem

Zoilo Gomez zoilo at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 20 19:13:54 CEST 2007

I am using a HP w2007v LCD-monitor in 1680x1050 resolution (60 Hz), with
a CN700 chipset + openchrome drivers / gentoo linux.

VLC is always giving me a small 10-pixel (or so) green bar at the bottom
of the window, plus diagonAl color stripes from right top to bottom
down. Looks like the entire color information is not in sync with
black-and-white or so ....

After experimenting with xorg.conf settings, I have found that the
problem is fixed whenever either I turn off Acceleration, or I turn off
XVDMA. Currently I am using the latter setting (because I like
Acceleration to work).

Mplayer does not have this problem, only VLC does.

Can anyone shed some light onto this? Is it a problem with the
Openchrome drivers, or with VLC?

Tia,

Z.