[vlc] Assertion Failed

George Lenz tools at htvint.net
Sun Jun 3 16:56:29 CEST 2007

I had been using the VLC 8.5 and ConvertX to DVD 2.1.18.242 for a long time without any major problems.  After upgrading ConvertX to the 2.2.1.253 version I get the following Assertion Failure: File: vm.c, Line: 1641, Expression: pgcit! = NULL whenever I try to open a directory.  At the time I had some directories made with another program and they opened and played fine.  I upgraded to the VLC 8.6b and still have the same problem.  I can play the individual vob files that are in the directory without a problem.

If you can shed any light on how to fix this problem it would be greatly appreciated as I like both programs.

Contact me if I need to explain anything better or offer more information.

Thanks,
George